Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 15, 2011


Hey,


 The best best way to write me is to use Dearelder. We get Dearelders every day. We're only allowed to write on P days but they let us write home that day to make sure you knew we were okay. I'm okay with the suitcase. It was just the carrying handle that broke so it's no big deal. I'll try to send the watch home to get it replaced. I can't really think of anything else I'd like. Treats are always good, I liked those swedish fish and I did get Wyatt's letter with a dum dum in it. I don't know, you know what I like. Handwritten letters are always good, and I think the Dear elder is about as good as email, if not a little better because I can read them without using my email time and I can get them during the week. It's always nice to get letters during the week.

The MTC has been really cool. Every Tuesday we have a devotional and on Tuesday Elder Ballard came. He talked about how the First Presidency and the Quorum of the 12 pray for the missionaries every Thursday morning in the temple, that was really cool. I heard that two devotionals before I got here was Elder Holland so that was a little bit of a bummer but I am glad I got to see an apostle in the three weeks I'm here. Speaking of the Dominican Republic MTC, my branch president said it's not uncommon for elders going the Dominican republic to stay in Provo for longer than expected because they are sometimes short on room over there. He said he's seen people stay as long as 5 weeks, but I really hope I get to go over right away. I'll miss my district though, I like all the elders here. I feel like they're all my friends, and we have a lot of fun.

 Today is the first real P day we've had, and it's been really good so far. We went to the temple this morning and I saw an yson twin there. It was nice to go to the temple and take some time to just sit in the Celestial Room and think. It's a good contrast from the usual because we're usually all over the place. We have every hour from 6:30 to 10:30 packed with class and study time. I'm surprised at how much time is just personal study where we study whatever we feel like we need. We haven't even had much Spanish instruction in class time, it's mostly just teaching our progressing investigator, Berta. That's been fun and pretty exciting. So it's cool that they let us work on the things we need and follow the Spirit.

 Anyways, that's pretty much it. I love you guys and I'll talk to you next week.

 Elder Brock Duclos


No comments:

Post a Comment