Thursday, September 22, 2011

September 22, 2011

Hey,   So a lot has changed since last P day. The biggest thing is that I am no longer going to the MTC in the Dominican Republic. There is an elder in my district who felt like he could move up to the advanced Spanish district so he talked to some people about moving up. He also recommended that I go too so I had some interviews, and they decided that my Spanish was good enough to move up, which means I'm now going right to Puerto Rico after the Provo MTC. I wish I had more specific information for you but they are just processing the travel plans and they said they'd have an itinerary for me today, but we just checked our mailbox and it's not there. It will probably come in the evening mail today but by then my P day will have ended and I won't be able to email anymore. So I'm really not sure what is going to happen. I do know that there is an Elder that entered an advanced district on September 7th who is going to Puerto Rico and he leaves here Monday. So it's possible that I'll be in the mission field as early as Monday! I feel ready, throughout the whole process I was wondering if this was right and if I was prepared enough but after praying a lot and reading my Patriarchal Blessing I really feel like this is what's best for me. So Puerto Rico here I come. (The other elder who is moving up just told me there might be a way we can find out our travel plans before the evening mail so I may send an email later with specific info)   Other than that, things have been pretty much the same here. I'm going to try to use the SD card reader to send some photos. I'm not sure how well that will work. We had another awesome devotional on Tuesday. Elder Russell M. Nelson came. We're two for two on apostles coming. Both named Russell too. He talked about the Book of Mormon edition of the Ensign. It's really good, I'd recommend you read it. It was really awesome, and I really have a testimony of how powerful that book is. It really is the tool we're using for the gathering of Israel and I know more certainly than I know anything that it is true and that it is the word of God.   Everyone keeps asking if I heard anything from the BYU Utah game but all I heard was silence. Beautiful silence. I had gym time outside right before it started and I saw a bunch of BYU fans walking over to the stadium. After that I heard nothing. No score updates, not a thing until sacrament meeting the next day when someone told me that someone said the score was 50 something to 10. Then the silence made sense. I'm glad to hear we won, I hope it was a fun game to watch.   Anyway, I hope to send another email later with more specific information on when I'm leaving. I'm not sure who I should call from the airport when I'm there, so a Dearelder would be good to let me know that. Also the phone number, because I only remember dad's and my old one.   Pictures didn't work, sorry   I love you, I will talk to you later. The Church is true.   Elder Brock Duclos

No comments:

Post a Comment