Monday, May 28, 2012

March 26, 2012

It's been a rainy week here. We've gotten wet quite a few times but it's been great.

On Thursday we had interviews with President. We drove up to the mission office, where he interviewed everyone in the zone. My interview went really well, he really is an inspired man. While we had interviews, the office elders and Sister Alvarado did apartment inspections. They didn't like the machete, especially because my companion had to go home with a cut tendon. So I'm going to have to have them keep it in the office.

The rest of the week has been really good too. During the interviews, some missionaries from Caguas gave us a reference of somebody they contacted there that lives in Juncos. It's a man that was baptized when he was young and his wife and kids. We stopped by one night, without an appointment and they let us in. He asked if we had the Restoration DVD to watch so we played that. I love that movie. The Spirit is always so strong when it shows Joseph leaving his house in the morning and in the background they start singing Oh how lovely was the morning. We had a pretty good lesson and gave them a Book of Mormon to read and pray about.

We've noticed that in our time here we have found a lot of families that have been willing to learn. We have been really blessed to be able to find them, but it's been a little difficult for most of them to keep progressing, so we have been praying a lot about what we can do with these opportunities we've been given. I really feel like we'll be seeing a lot of success soon, and see these families get baptized. It'll be a huge blessing to the ward here, they haven't seen a baptism in quite awhile. I think too when they see these families coming in, they'll get even more excited and work even more with us. And that's the key.

The house looks great, when I opened up the email with the pictures, I could hardly recognize it, especially the back bedroom. It took awhile for me to figure out what room that was. I'm glad everything is going well at home. We're doing really well here. I know we're doing the Lord's work and working under the direction of inspired priesthood leaders who hold keys. And I love it.

Elder Duclos


No comments:

Post a Comment