Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012

We've been really busy this week. Last week we found quite a few new investigators so we've had a lot of appointments to go to. A lot has been happening in our area. Saturday was great, we had a lesson with Manuel and Keila in the morning with the bishop there. We talked about some of the parts of the Plan of Salvation, mostly just focusing on the fall, the Atonement and how through baptism we can access the blessings of the Atonement. We extended a baptismal date for the 9th of June. They told us they had to pray about it but we're really hoping they'll be able to make that decision. Saturday night was the baptism of Edgardo and Givendolee in Humacao and it was so awesome. They have made so many changes in their lives and you can see the difference. I was so glad I got to be there to see it. We found them in January, and because of the move and everything it took until now for them to get baptized but they are converted. I'm so excited for them.

On Sunday I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting because the person that was going to speak couldn't come. I spoke on the talk Elder Anderson gave called What thinks the Christ of me? It went pretty well but for some reason, after the talk, members kept coming up to me, asking if I was finishing my mission. I couldn't figure out why they would have thought that, but then I remembered that the closing hymn was God be with you till we meet again.

Well everything is going great, and we're keeping really busy. The Church is true and I love the Gospel.

Elder Duclos


No comments:

Post a Comment