Monday, May 28, 2012

April 23, 2012

One for the folks,

I'm sorry I haven't taken much time to write more personal letters/emails. When we changed P day to Monday, we also put district meeting and weekly planning on P day so it's sometimes a little rushed.

You should know that I'm happier than I ever have been before. I love the mission and I haven't ever been more sure that I was in the right place. I've been studying a lot about success and what makes a successful missionary because I haven't really seen any investigators baptized but what I have seen is that I really am doing the will of the Lord and I can recognize that I've been successful on my mission, and that has been the most fulfilling thing I've ever experienced. I wondered before if there were no baptisms because I wasn't doing things well enough but now I realize that that's not it. I'm doing my part and Heavenly Father is pleased with that.

As far as companions, Elder Visker took a little bit of getting used to but I have realized how much I've grown with him, and I've really learned to love him. Transfers are this week, and we haven't gotten the official word but President basically said that Elder Visker was leaving the zone (he's only spent 2 transfers outside of the Caguas zone his whole mission). I have really appreciated him and everything he's done for me. It's been good to be his companion. With him leaving, I'll bee the one that knows the area. I'm still not sure at all who my companion will be but I'm excited for the chance to really take the lead. I can see how it'll help me grow and put me into the position to act even more. Not that he ever dominated or anything, but it'll be a good experience for me.

I love you both and I can see how much good you've done for me in my life. Yesterday I changed a tire for the other missionaries that live with us and I pretty much do all the cooking whenever we cook. I'm glad I have parents that taught me, and most of all taught me how to get my own testimony. That's what I've relied on more than anything and it was you that gave me that chance.

So I am doing very well. I'm sorry again for not taking the time to be more personal. Tell the brothers I've been working on letters for them, but it's just a slow process. I love the mission and Puerto Rico, and my goal is to make my parents proud. Earthly and heavenly.

I love you,

Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment