Friday, January 13, 2012

January 11, 2012


Hey,
 
I've been transferred. I found out Wednesday night that I would be leaving Caguas. I wasn't sure why because the transfer had just started, but all they told me Wednesday night was that the next day I'd be going to Juncos, a smaller town in the same stake and zone as Caguas, and that I'd find out who my companion was at the mission conference we'd have on Thursday. At the conference two elders who had gone home for medical reasons had come back so Elder Griffin and I were paired up with one each. My new companion's name is Elder Visker, he's from Lehi and he was home getting surgery because he cut a tendon in his thumb. He's a good elder and it's been fun. Elder Griffin's new companion was his companion before me who had to go home because he had a badly broken arm. It was sad to leave all the elders in the Caguas apartment but Juncos has been really good. It's been really different because we are the only elders there so the house is a lot more quiet, but it's exciting to be in a new area, and we've been working hard. Elder Visker was here before he left about two months ago and since then there hasn't been anyone serving here so we're working on getting in contact with all his old investigators and finding new people. It's been a little different working with someone else but it has been great so far. The ward isn't as big but it seems really good from what I saw on Sunday.
 
Three kings day was pretty uneventful. They celebrate it pretty much the same way they celebrate Christmas and the new year. Really it's just a continuation of the holidays, Schools just started today. It was our first day in Juncos so we didn't have much going on, just getting settled in and a little bit of shopping to get what we needed to make it to P day, then we passed by some member's houses but we didn't find anyone at home.
 
anyway, not a lot to report other than the transfer. I'll be sending some pictures though
 
I love you

Elder Duclos

No comments:

Post a Comment