Saturday, January 7, 2012

December 28, 2011


Hey,
It was great talking to everyone on Christmas. I'm glad everyone is doing well, but I still haven't gotten my machete. I've been anticipating that. We've been eating candy for pretty much every meal, so that's been pretty typical of the days after Christmas. Everyone liked the Canadian chocolate. The weirdest thing I have eaten in Puerto Rico was blood sausage. They make it a lot at Christmastime, and I only ate it once, but it was nasty. I ate it at the Rosario's house right before we called. We went from one food appointment over to their house where they had food for us, so I was already really full but I just had to get it down so I could call. It was pretty bad. The rest of the food is really good though. It's mostly just beans and rice but there's a lot of bananas too. I like it.
We've been finding a lot of people recently. I told you about Elizabeth's baptism, that was really cool. We sat with them at church the next day. The 11 year old son, Kevin already has a really strong testimony. He was reading along with all the scriptures in sacrament meeting and everything. I gave them both CTR rings that I got from Karie and they loved them,  thanks! Angel went to their baptism and their confirmation on Sunday, so we're hoping that will get him excited about taking the same step in his life. Last night we were over at Alex and Eugenia's house and Alex was talking about how he's been preparing to share the gospel with his children that live in Puerto Rico, he said one of his daughters was really curious about everything and he said he knows that now that he knows this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ that he has a responsibility to share it with his family. It's so exciting to see someone so converted to the gospel. So we will be following up on them. We also found a new young family, Jose Villagran. We've taught them twice now and they have a lot of interest in the Book of Mormon. So everything has been really exciting with the work here. We're hoping to get a baptismal date for Angel for the 11th of January (because there's nothing else going on that day). So pray for him, please.
I love you all, I hope everything is good, and I'll talk to you next week
Elder Duclos

No comments:

Post a Comment