Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March 6, 2012


Another great week,
It has been pretty hard to get ahold of Edgardo and Givendolee this week. We've had about 3 appointments fall with them, all for different reasons. One day they were stuck in another city because their car broke down at the beach and they don't have a phone so they had to walk around to find somebody to help them fix it. We finally got to go by to teach them on Monday. They're still really excited for their baptism. We had left 2 Nephi 31 for them to read, that talks a lot about baptism. Edgardo especially understood it, and talked about how baptism was the beginning of the path, that it's the door and that they need to keep going after. We still have a lot to teach them, and the 17th might not work because we haven't been able to meet with them as much as we'd hoped, but they are still progressing and doing really well. Manuel and Keila have both been really busy studying for finals. He's got his next week and hers are this week so we haven't been able to go over at all. We've been trying but we've decided to just back off a little until they're done. It's a shame because I know how much it could help them even with their studies. We've still been out trying to find new investigators, and we've met a few people with potential. Yesterday I was looking through my first planner and I found a name and address I'd written down. I remembered that he was the security guard for an apartment complex in Caguas where we were visiting a member, and that he was pretty interested in learning more. We realized later though that he wasn't in our area, so we tried to pass on the reference but somehow it got lost in the mix. Anyway, when I looked at it yesterday I realized he lived in San Lorenzo, and that's actually in our area now. We figured it was worth calling him even though it was months ago that we contacted him. We called and he said we could come by Sunday, so we'll see what happens with that.
My bike broke the other day, the brake cable broke so we're going to Caguas today to get that fixed. It's been great here. I'm pretty used to the heat, and riding around on the bikes. I still get sunburned every once in awhile though. And, we found out some good news. We were at a member's house one day and they showed us their mango tree in their backyard. I didn't know what they looked like and when we got home and went in the backyard I noticed that the neighbor's huge tree that hangs over on our side of the fence is a mango tree, and there's fruit starting to grow. I'm really excited for that, I hope I'm not transferred before they're ripe.
Anyway, everything is going really well. I'm the happiest I ever have been and I am learning so much every day. I know the church is true and I love the gospel.
Elder Duclos

No comments:

Post a Comment