Monday, March 19, 2012

March 12, 2012


Don't worry, I'm not breaking the rules
So our P days are Mondays now. We now have our weekly planning session, district meetings and P days all on Monday. It should leave us with some more time during the week to get work done.
It hasn't been too long since the last email but it's been pretty crazy since then. That P day we went to Caguas because I had to get the brake cable on my bike fixed, and my license changed I don't know if I mentioned it but I realized that when I got my Puerto Rican license gave me a learner's permit. So we got that stuff done on P day and drove back to Juncos. When we got there the zone leaders called and told us Elder Visker had a meeting in Bayamon the next day. So on Thursday I worked with the elders in Caguas while Elder Visker had the meeting. It was cool to be in Caguas again. I was with Elder Hammer, who was also trained by Elder Griffin. The meeting went way longer than they expected and I ended up spending the whole day with them. Then on Friday, we went to the airport. While Elder Visker was at home, President found out that his grandma had served a medical mission and he asked her to come serve here. She landed on Friday night and President let Elder Visker go too to pick her up. So we've been all over the place.
We've also found some good people to teach this week. I was telling dad about this but before we drove up to Caguas, we stopped by a place in the pueblo where we had taken a few pairs of pants to be sewn. We were in a hurry so we were going to just pick them up and go but he still hadn't sewn them. He told us we could wait if we wanted, and talk awhile about the Bible. We ended up talking to him for about an hour. He had questions about what we believed, especially about what we think happens after we die. We passed by again the other day and taught the rest of the plan of salvation. He liked it, especially that it's possible to live together forever as families. It's a different teaching situation than I've ever had, because he only has time during work and people are coming in and out. But that's good too because the customers hear stuff and get involved in the conversation and we give them our number when they leave. We had a lesson yesterday with the guy I contacted in Caguas who is now in our area. His name is Miguel Maldonado and he was really cool and interested. He lives in the same neighborhood as our bishop so we took him with us.
So things are going well. I love you and hope everything's okay at home. 
Elder Duclos

No comments:

Post a Comment