Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September 17, 2012

Well this week has been great. Yesterday we had stake conference. I've been in the same stake my whole mission, in three different wards, units I guess. But it was good to see all the ward members I've worked with my whole mission. I love the Caguas stake, the stake President, President Santos is awesome. He is one of the most humble leaders I've ever seen. He makes frequent trips to the temple in the Dominican Republic. Things like that strengthen my testimony that the priesthood really has been restored to the earth. I also got to see Edgardo Mercado, and his family. He was sustained in the conference to recieve the Melchizedek priesthood! It was really exciting. More Melchizedek priesthood holders in the stake!

Things have been going really well with our investigators too. Jairo is going to be baptized on Saturday. It was so cool because the stake conference was focused on the family and teaching children. I thought of how Jairo is learning the same gospel he'll be teaching some day as a missionary and as a father. It was a cool thought. He's learning the basic principles now that will become even more meaningful later in his life. He's really excited. We're working with some other investigators too. Tomorrow we're going up to the office for interviews with President Avarado. Those meetings are always good. 

We're riding bikes a lot. I spend an hour a day on the bike just going to and from my area. It's great though, the views are good, especially going to Patillas. It is hot but no hotter than it's always been. Anyway, the Church is true. 

Elder Duclos

No comments:

Post a Comment