Tuesday, September 25, 2012

July 2, 2012

Today they made some changes in the Caguas zone. I'm still in Juncos but I have a new companion, Elder Raymundo from Guatemala. He just got here this transfer (about 4 weeks ago) so I'll be continuing his training. I picked him up a few hours ago so I still don't know a lot about him but he seems really cool. Elder Bryant is going to be working in Humacao, so he'll still be close. I'm really excited, and I'm glad I'm still in Juncos. I really love it here, and the ward is really starting to work well with us. A few days ago our ward mission leader left on his mission to the Dominican Republic, and we still don't have a new one, but we have been working through the first counselor in the bishopric, and he has been awesome. 

The day before yesterday we went over to Osiris' house because an appointment had fallen and we hadn't been able to make contact for a long time. He said he'd been having health problems, and he'd been in the hospital for awhile and that's why we hadn't been able to meet with him. He set two appointments for the coming week though, to "catch up" he said. So we're really excited about that, that he'll be able to start progressing again. I have been surprised at the trials people go through as soon as they start to progress. As soon as they start to feel that these things are true and gain a testimony of the Restoration, things go bad, and that has been hard on a lot of investigators that we've had. There are definitely two influences that are constantly acting on all of Heavenly Father's children. We're just trying to improve more and more every day so we can be more effective, and do everything we can to give them enough light to make a correct decision. 

But anyway, I'm pretty excited about having a new companion. I'll try to send some pictures sometime, I can't send any from the computers in the Juncos library, but I'll try to get some sent sometime. 

Elder Duclos

No comments:

Post a Comment